Through my church I recently met a woman who told me, as a child growing up in Sweden, people would decorate their homes around Easter with birch branches that had colorful feathers attached. These are such a simple and cheerful way to bring color to your Easter table.
To attach the feathers:
- Put a line of craft glue on the end of the feather.
- Tie the string loosely around the end of a branch.
- Place the feather on the branch and pull the string tight around it to secure it.
- Wrap the string around the feather and brach a few times
- Secure the end with another knot, and a dab of glue if you wish
Keep on adding feathers to branches until you feel you have enough to make a full arrangement.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!