Happy October 1st everyone! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone’s post on social media today about pumpkins and fall weather. This afternoon in Houston it still felt like 93, so not very fall-ish, but we’ll get there.
When I think of fall I think of the taste of cinnamon and spice. Here is a super simple and delicious spice cookie to help you welcome fall wherever you are, no matter what the temperature. And it’s Grain Free and Diary Free to boot!
Almond Spice Cookies
1 cup almond butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
crystalized sugar to sprinkle on top is optional (but I like the look and crunch)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the almond butter, sugar, and egg together in a bowl until fully incorporated.
- Add the baking soda, salt, garam masala, ginger, cinnamon and stir until evenly distributed.
- Roll the dough into small balls (about a tablespoon and a half?), they will spread out. Place them on parchment paper on your cookie sheet, and sprinkle with sugar if you desire.
- Bake your cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool for at least five minutes before trying to move them off the cookies sheet so they can set.
And that’s it! They are super easy and super yummy. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Here’s to Fall!